Am I an Emotional Eater?
Do you know if you are an emotional eater?
This knowledge can help guide you to a plan that fits for you. Once you know if you are an emotional eater, you can then determine what feelings get in the ways of eating in response to physical hunger.
Answer these questions with a yes or no.
- Do you eat more when you’re feeling stressed?
- Do you eat when you’re not hungry or when you’re full?
- Do you eat to soothe yourself when you feel sad, lonely, bored, anxious, etc.?
- Do you reward yourself with food?
- Do you regularly eat until you feel stuffed (uncomfortable)?
- Do you feel like food is a friend?
- Do you feel powerless, overwhelmed or out of control around food?
Now add up the yes answers:
0-1 You do not struggle with emotional eating.
2-4 You have issues with food and emotions certainly do play a part.
5-7 You use food to for emotional reasons.
I presented this quiz on my Feed Your Soul with Kim Podcast. The link is below to listen to it in order to learn more about the question, “Am I an Emotional Eater?”
If the answer is yes, sign up for a free Breakthrough Session to determine what is the best course of action: